Case Manager, Foster Care
Palmer Home provides superior care for children while introducing the love of God through our service to each individual child. Palmer Home ensures restorative environments where children feel safe, connected and supported. Each child served by Palmer Home has a safe place to call home with trustworthy, supportive adults to guide them as they grow and develop into all that God created them to be. Palmer Home provides holistic care to each child based on their unique physical, emotional, spiritual and educational needs.
Reporting to the Director of Foster Care, this position is responsible for case management work primarily consisting of licensing and training caregiver(foster) families, administration and partnering with caregivers, mentors, and birth families to ensure excellent care of children served by Palmer Home. Case Manager is responsible for the assessment and preparation of children that will be in the direct care of our foster care program and mentorship program, as well as providing ongoing support to active families in Central and South Mississippi
Location: Remote from Central Mississippi with travel throughout Central and South Mississippi as needed for home studies and visits.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with child and those engaged in the life of the child.
- Act as a liaison between Palmer Home and foster and mentor families
- Provide ongoing communication with birth families of placed children
- Complete assessments of child referrals, providing information and support in determining placement of children in appropriate caregiver homes.
- Assist in recruitment efforts to build an increased network of foster families
- Complete SAFE home study assessments and recertifications
- Make monthly in-person home visits to caregiver families and placed children to monitor quality and safety in caregiver homes
- Develop and effectively communicate the documented case plans, recommendations, visits, assessments, and contact with birth families, children, caregivers, service providers, and agencies.
- Maintain appropriate documentation as set forth by Palmer Home Social Services.
- Create and manage files for placed children in accordance with licensure requirements
- Review and manage case strategies/Whole Child reviews for each child to ensure that the objectives of each child’s individualized case plan are achieved, regularly communicating those results to the Director of Social Services.
- Contribute to the development of ongoing training and support for caregivers as well as regular interest meetings, support groups, and foster family events.
- Participate in ongoing employee training as required.
- Act as resource for family in connection with the schools and counselors.
- Act as resource to help with medical appointments, scheduling, and records as needed.
- Connect children, families, and caregivers to appropriate community resources.
- Assist in scheduling and supervision of family visits.
- Evaluate and work with mentor families to ensure that they maintain a safe and consistent environment for the children visiting their homes.
- Facilitate weekly caregiver contacts and child(ren) check-ins.
- Be available for emergencies as needed during work hours as well as after hours and weekends.
- Supply notary services as needed.
- Assist in the working of reunification plans for children and families which may include but is not limited to travel, home visits, emergencies, home studies.
- Complete Consent/Release forms for children and families as needed for events, marketing, and etc.
- Work fully within the philosophy, goals and operating procedures of Palmer Home for Children demonstrating exemplary Christian character.
- Bachelors of Social Work degree, and minimum of three years of experience in case work capacity.
- Have an active Social Work license in Mississippi or willing to obtain a Social Work license subject to the time frame set forth by Palmer Home in addition to license reciprocity in Tennessee or willing to obtain reciprocity.
- SAFE Certified or willing to become SAFE Certified w/in 30 days of hire.
- Knowledgeable of and willingness to work alongside children, families, caregivers, local social services, agencies and programs with which Palmer Home must frequently interact to provide additional services to our children.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong adaptive skills.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must have exceptional skills in program administration, communications, counseling and human relations.
- Notary Certified or willing to become a notary w/in 60 days of hire.
- Willing to travel as required or needed to successfully accomplish requirements of this position
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the personnel so classified.
For consideration of employment, please send the following documents:
- Cover letter to include a statement of your religious affiliation