- back to top
By Naming Palmer Home for Children as a Beneficiary in your will, you will leave a legacy that invests in the futures of these children.Since its founding in 1895, Palmer Home for Children has benefited from the foresight and generosity of people who have invested in the future by naming Palmer Home organization as a beneficiary in their wills.
What is the Cornerstone Society?
The Cornerstone Society was established in 2015, the 120th anniversary of Palmer Home for Children’s founding. The society awards membership to faithful stewards who have either funded or planned a deferred gift, such as a bequest or a life income plan.
Why does Palmer Home want members?
Those who create bequests for Palmer Home are wonderful role models. Although we keep the value and details of each planned gift strictly confidential, every person who becomes a Cornerstone Society member provides an example for current and future generations.
Knowing of a bequest in advance allows Palmer Home to work with donors to ensure all interests and intentions are clearly documented and accurately followed.
What benefits do members receive?
Cornerstone Society members who give their consent are listed in Palmer Home for Children’s Annual Report, given a certificate or membership, signed by the president, and invited to all Palmer Home events. Finally, Cornerstone Society members enjoy the perpetual gratitude of Palmer Home caregivers and children.
A bequest through your estate plan:
- Simple bequests can be for a stated portion of your estate, for the remainder of your estate after other bequests have been fulfilled, for a specific dollar amount or for a specific set of assets.
A life income gift:
- Make a gift to Palmer Home during your lifetime that pays income back to you and your beneficiaries. You can establish similar plans through your will that provide income to your heirs. All of these plans represent a tax-advantaged means of providing income to you, your family or friends while leaving a lasting impact at Palmer Home.
A charitable lead trust:
- Establish a trust that earns income for Palmer Home for a term before being turned over to your beneficiaries. In addition, appreciation earned during the term Palmer Home receives income may go to your heirs at sharply reduced gift/estate tax rates.
A gift of retirement assets or life insurance benefits:
- Make Palmer Home for Children a beneficiary of your life insurance policy, IRA, Keogh or any other qualified retirement plans. Such designations of Palmer Home as a charitable beneficiary save significant estate and income taxes.
Gifts of residential property with the right to life tenancy:
- Give Palmer Home your primary home, vacation home or farm including a home in exchange for the right to live in and enjoy the property during your lifetime, while earning a present income tax deduction and future estate tax savings.
What gift plans qualify donors form membership?
Anyone who has a lifetime gift or testamentary gift planned for the benefit of Palmer Home for Children is eligible for membership in the Cornerstone Society. Gift plans include, but are not limited to:
How do I join?
Anyone interested in joining the Cornerstone Society may become a member by completing and confirming a Palmer Home for Children Deferred Gift Plan enrollment form. Donors should provide a fully executed copy of the section of their will that pertains to the gift. Those who have completed a life income or other trust gift managed by outside trustees or fiduciaries should confirm the plan’s existence by completing the enrollment form or by sending a separate letter.
How can I receive more information?
Contact Palmer Home’s Office of Development staff or have your attorney and/or advisors to contact us on your behalf. Palmer Home will provide sample documents your advisors can review and adapt, which will illustrate the potential income, gift and estate tax results of any gift you contemplate. Assistance from the development staff is non-binding and offered in total confidence at no cost.
Click here to download the enrollment form.
Please complete the enrollment form and return it to the Office of Development, along with all supporting documentation. For more information, please contact the Office of Development at (662) 328-5704 or visit palmerhome.org/cornerstone.