Palmer Home provides superior care for children while introducing the love of God through our service to each individual child. Palmer Home ensures restorative environments where children feel safe, connected and supported. Each child served by Palmer Home has a safe place to call home with trustworthy, supportive adults to guide them as they grow and develop into all that God created them to be. Palmer Home provides holistic care to each child based on their unique physical, emotional, spiritual and educational needs.
Houseparents care for children in a residential setting and use a professional, team-oriented, trauma-informed approach to provide a safe, healing, home-like environment. Palmer Home is currently seeking married husband and wife Christian couples to provide compassion and daily supervision. Houseparents manage homes of eight to ten children and support our Whole Child Initiative nurturing each child educationally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. The ideal couple should be mature, responsible, ministry-minded and mission-driven.
A signing bonus is included.
This position is in Hernando, MS.
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position.
- Ensure each child’s basic physical needs are met adequate nutrition, a clean, sanitary home environment; appropriate clothing; healthy amounts of physical exercise; and doctor visits as needed.
- Work with the Case Managers, Educational Specialist, and school personnel to ensure that each child is achieving their educational goals.
- Provide accurate and insightful feedback to the social services staff and any therapist working with each child.
- Assist in the implementation of care plans for children.
- Meet regularly with Case Managers to plan and assess goals, issues, and concerns.
- Effectively manage household budget and ensure all funds are being wisely spent.
- Mentor children through our work program and help them develop into reliable workers with good independent living skills.
- In cooperation with other caregivers and facilities staff, help maintain the campus living environment.
- Whole Child Initiative certification and continued training.
- Active participation in a local church and modeling Christian values at all times.
- Must be in agreement with the Palmer Home for Children Statement of Christian Beliefs and demonstrate a strong commitment to Christ consistent with the mission of Palmer Home status as a non-profit religious organization.
- A husband and wife couple able and willing to live in a close-knit community that works together as a team.
- Prior experience working with children.
- Able and willing to work in homes of either gender and any age group (0-18)
- An ability to understand and implement care plans.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must legally be able to work in the United States and pass a criminal background check.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Must be physically able to meet the basic needs of children under care.
- English language proficiency required.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and understanding due to unforeseen circumstances and multiple roles required in daily activity.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
For consideration of employment, please send the following documents:
- Cover letter to include a statement of your religious affiliation