Administrative Assistant to the Senior Vice-President of Engagement
Palmer Home provides superior care for children while introducing the love of God through our service to each individual child. Palmer Home ensures restorative environments where children feel safe, connected and supported. Each child served by Palmer Home has a safe place to call home with trustworthy, supportive adults to guide them as they grow and develop into all that God created them to be. Palmer Home provides holistic care to each child based on their unique physical, emotional, spiritual and educational needs.
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President of Engagement, this part-time Administrative Assistant position will maintain clerical functions for the SVP and engagement team and ensure efficient operation of the office. This position is considered remote and can work from home with a preferred location based in Hernando or Oxford, MS.
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position.
- Serve as primary on-campus resource for development field staff assisting with database management including action report submissions, prospect assignments and running reports
- Oversee SVP and development team with travel
- Prepare and submit monthly department expense reports
- Ensure execution of donor stewardship plan
- Assist with preparation, execution and follow up for all events
- Greet visitors and assist with their needs
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- Organize and prepare for meetings
- Attend meetings to record minutes
- Perform general office duties, as assigned
- 1-2 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Highly detail oriented with a focus on organization and efficiency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Apple and Windows products. Willingness to learn unfamiliar copmuter applications.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to successfully communicate with all levels of professionals
- Calendar management
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute successfully in a team environment when requested
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to shift and prioritize multiple tasks at once
- Must be in agreement with the Palmer Home for Children Statement of Christian Beliefs and demonstrate a strong commitment to Christ consistent with the mission of Palmer Home status as a non-profit religious organization.
For consideration of employment, please send the following documents:
- Cover letter to include a statement of your religious affiliation