Palmer Home provides superior care for children while introducing the love of God through our service to each individual child. Palmer Home ensures restorative environments where children feel safe, connected and supported. Each child served by Palmer Home has a safe place to call home with trustworthy, supportive adults to guide them as they grow and develop into all that God created them to be. Palmer Home provides holistic care to each child based on their unique physical, emotional, spiritual and educational needs.
Founded in 1895, the mission of Palmer Home for Children is to reflect the hope and love of Christ providing a stable, long-term Christ-centered home for children who lack an adequate family structure.
Reporting to the Wellness Center Administrative Manager, this position will ensure inbound phone calls to the campus are directed to appropriate persons, be responsible for the Wellness Center receptionist area, and perform clerical and other duties as directed.
Status: Full-time/hourly, benefits eligible
Location: Hernando, MS
- Primary responsibility to answer all inbound calls and ensure courteous and timely response to questions.
- Greet visitors with utmost courtesy and respect, and assist with their questions or needs
- Ensure collection and distribution of all mail
- Organize and prepare office area for meetings
- Keep calendar up to date with events scheduled in the wellness center
- Help direct volunteers to point of contact on campus
- Work with Facilities operations to ensure they are aware of any maintenance or other issues within the wellness center facility
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years’ experience as a receptionist, administrative assistant, or similar role
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Apple, and Windows products. Willingness to learn unfamiliar computer applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute successfully in a fast-paced team environment
- Present a positive and professional disposition and willingness to “go the extra mile” to complete assigned tasks, sometimes outside of the normal scope of daily responsibilities.
- Must be in agreement with the Palmer Home for Children Statement of Christian Beliefs and demonstrate a strong commitment to Christ consistent with the mission of Palmer Home status as a non-profit religious organization
- Palmer Home offers a full range of benefits.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of this position.
For consideration of employment, please send the following documents:
- Cover letter to include a statement of your religious affiliation