Development Officer: North Mississippi
Palmer Home provides superior care for children while introducing the love of God through our service to each individual child. Palmer Home ensures restorative environments where children feel safe, connected and supported. Each child served by Palmer Home has a safe place to call home with trustworthy, supportive adults to guide them as they grow and develop into all that God created them to be. Palmer Home provides holistic care to each child based on their unique physical, emotional, spiritual and educational needs.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Development Officer will raise vital financial resources, community awareness and involvement. The Officer will meet general operating and capital revenue goals by identifying, engaging and securing current and prospective individuals, churches, businesses, foundations and community partners through regular communication, grant applications, and the coordination of enrichment activities and sponsorships. The Officer will ensure that gifts are properly solicited, recognized, cultivated and stewarded.
This position will work remotely (from home) in Northern or Central Mississippi with travel throughout the surrounding counties and occasional travel throughout Tennessee, Mississippi and other states. This is a benefit eligible (medical, dental, vision, 401k w/match, vacation/sick time, etc.) full-time salaried/exempt position with company vehicle. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Identify, solicit and cultivate financial support by developing and maintaining relationships with prospective and new donors within market assignments.
- Generate new corporate and foundation revenue with local, state, and regional partners through corporate giving, employee engagement opportunities, grants, foundation support and endowments within market assignments.
- Secure sponsorships for in-house fundraising special events
- Respond promptly and appropriately to inquiries, questions, complaints, and concerns.
- Enlist, as appropriate, Board members, the President, and other Palmer staff to assist in making major gift asks.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the tools and techniques related to major gift fund-raising.
- Support and assist with fundraising strategies and activities to ensure proper acknowledgement and recognition of donors.
- Represent Palmer Home in the community by attending and speaking to local civic groups, chamber programs, school, and church groups when appropriate.
- Ensure proposals and follow up reports are submitted on a timely basis
- Serve as the point of contact for any third-party fundraising effort within market
- Manage external inquiries with donor appointments, follow up, research, database management, expense reports, etc.
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years of applicable experience in development, marketing, communications or public relations support role
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated fundraising experience and goal reaching experience
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, decision making, presentation/public speaking, and organizational skills
- Strong planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet deadlines
- Able to work collectively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and collaboratively; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- A strategist who can anticipate and support the needs of both internal and external audiences
- Prioritizes multiple expectations based on the organization(s) strategy and goals, providing focus and expectations for the team
- Must be in agreement with the Palmer Home for Children Statement of Christian Beliefs and demonstrate a strong commitment to Christ consistent with the mission of Palmer Home status as a non-profit religious organization.
For consideration of employment, please send the following documents:
- Cover letter to include a statement of your religious affiliation