Palmer Home provides superior care for children while introducing the love of God through our service to each individual child. Palmer Home ensures restorative environments where children feel safe, connected and supported. Each child served by Palmer Home has a safe place to call home with trustworthy, supportive adults to guide them as they grow and develop into all that God created them to be. Palmer Home provides holistic care to each child based on their unique physical, emotional, spiritual and educational needs.
Reporting to the President/CEO, this full-time position will be a key member of the executive team and will direct the Human Resources function in support of the Palmer Home organization, mission, and its employees in all facets of their employment experience.
Location: Hernando, MS
Status: Full-time, Salaried Exempt, Benefits eligible
- Provide human resources support to Palmer Home’s 50+ employee
- Plan, direct, and manage all human resource initiatives, such as recruitment, compensation, benefits and leave, training, performance and talent management, disciplinary matters, and employee relations
- Supervise the Employee Relations and Culture Specialist role
- Promote and regularly communicate service platforms and benefits to all employee
- Assume responsibility for the quality of the employee experience
- Collaborate with the CEO and managers to provide strategy and recommendations related to people management
- Assist in internal communication efforts and serve as a point of contact for internal and external parties for all human resources related matters
- Serve as point of contact for 3rd party payroll, new hires, terminations, benefits, onboarding, performance management, COBRA, etc.
- Oversee interview and onboarding processes
- Conduct market analysis for salary comparison, and make strategic recommendations on compensation for employees
- Ensure employee records are accurate and up to date
- Reconcile and update monthly billing census information for all benefit plans, ensuring accuracy and process
- Monitor and ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Advise managers on employee and labor policies and law, such as ADA, FMLA, Wage and Hour, and OSHA
- Mediate and suggest solutions to employee disputes and oversee investigations
- Develop and implement departmental budget
- Oversee employee relation initiatives and partner with other segments of the organization to plan and coordinate company related events
- 5 years of verifiable leadership experience as an HR Generalist, Business Partner, Director, Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field of study strongly preferred
- Highly detail oriented
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong leadership and managerial skills to oversee the HR department and work with all employees within the company
- Experience in conducting payroll processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Confident in ability to communicate with all levels of professionals verbally and in written form.
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute successfully in a team environment
- Strong personal integrity, positive demeanor, and a commitment to the programs of Palmer Home
- Must be in agreement with the Palmer Home for Children Statement of Christian Beliefs and demonstrate a strong commitment to Christ consistent with the mission of Palmer Home status as a non-profit religious organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of this position.
For consideration of employment, please send the following documents:
- Cover letter to include a statement of your religious affiliation