Palmer Home provides superior care for children while introducing the love of God through our service to each individual child. Palmer Home ensures restorative environments where children feel safe, connected and supported. Each child served by Palmer Home has a safe place to call home with trustworthy, supportive adults to guide them as they grow and develop into all that God created them to be. Palmer Home provides holistic care to each child based on their unique physical, emotional, spiritual and educational needs.
Reporting to the Director of Social Services, this position is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing an individual instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. To ensure that each child completes their learning experience and is prepared for college or career this position will maintain and be responsible for the educational learning plans for every child on the Palmer Home’s Hernando, MS campus and all children entering the Palmer Home Foster Care or Transitional Program.
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of this position.
- Plan, participate in off-site school meetings, facilitate school meetings and attend all IEP meetings
- Advocate for the student’s educational needs within the public and private school setting
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Meet regularly with house parents/foster parents and student’s case manager to discuss school progress
- Monitor developments in subject area, provide teaching resources/methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by Palmer Home, the law, district policies and school regulations
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district, state
- State certification in Elementary Education, Special Education, Math or English
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience
- Must be in agreement with the Palmer Home for Children Statement of Christian Beliefs and demonstrate a strong commitment to Christ consistent with the mission of Palmer Home status as a non-profit religious organization
For consideration of employment, please send the following documents:
- Cover letter to include a statement of your religious affiliation