Director of Foster Care
Palmer Home provides superior care for children while introducing the love of God through our service to each individual child. Palmer Home ensures restorative environments where children feel safe, connected and supported. Each child served by Palmer Home has a safe place to call home with trustworthy, supportive adults to guide them as they grow and develop into all that God created them to be. Palmer Home provides holistic care to each child based on their unique physical, emotional, spiritual and educational needs.
Reporting to the VP of Children’s Services, this position is responsible for directing the Palmer Home for Children foster care program to ensure excellent care of children served as well as providing ongoing support to active families.
Location: Remote, working from home, North Mississippi (preferred)
- Direct and supervise assigned staff to ensure foster care program.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with child and those engaged in the life of the child.
- Contribute to the development of ongoing training and support for caregivers as well as regular interest meetings, support groups, and caregiver family events
- Act as a liaison between Palmer Home and foster families
- Ensure program compliance with state and organizational minimum standards
- Provide ongoing communication with birth families of placed children, working towards reunification as the primary goal.
- Complete assessments of child referrals, providing information and support in determining placement of children in appropriate caregiver homes.
- Make periodic home visits to caregiver families and placed children to monitor quality and safety in caregiver homes
- Oversee case plans, recommendations, visits, assessments, and contact with birth families, children, caregivers, service providers, and agencies.
- Create and manage files for placed children in accordance with licensure requirements
- Participate in ongoing employee training as required.
- Act as resource for family in connection with the schools and counselors
- Act as resource to help with medical appointments, scheduling, and records as needed
- Connect caregivers to appropriate community resources.
- Assist in scheduling and supervision of family visits.
- Work fully within the philosophy, goals and operating procedures of Palmer Home for Children demonstrating exemplary Christian character.
- Bachelors or Master (preferred) of Social Work degree, and min of three years’ experience in foster care case work capacity
- Have an active Social Work license (LSW/LMSW/LCSW)
- Knowledgeable of and willingness to work alongside local social services, agencies and programs with which Palmer Home must frequently interact to provide additional services to our children
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills
- Must have exceptional skills in program administration, communications, counseling and human relations
- SAFE and SAFE Supervisory Certified
- Willing to travel as required or needed to successfully accomplish requirements of this position
- Must be in agreement with the Palmer Home for Children Statement of Christian Beliefs and demonstrate a strong commitment to Christ consistent with the mission of Palmer Home status as a non-profit religious organization
For consideration of employment, please send the following documents:
- Cover letter to include a statement of your religious affiliation