Community Outreach Coordinator
Palmer Home provides superior care for children while introducing the love of God through our service to each individual child. Palmer Home ensures restorative environments where children feel safe, connected and supported. Each child served by Palmer Home has a safe place to call home with trustworthy, supportive adults to guide them as they grow and develop into all that God created them to be. Palmer Home provides holistic care to each child based on their unique physical, emotional, spiritual and educational needs.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will serve as the public ambassador representing Palmer Home for Children. The position will promote the services available, opportunities to serve and the needs to be fulfilled through community support.
Job Classification: Part-time
Location: Hernando MS
- Work with local churches and community groups to build awareness of Palmer Home both as a resource for families in need, but also as a recipient of service opportunities and in-kind donations
- Promote opportunities to serve Palmer Home through building relationships with local employers, community organizations, civic groups, schools, and other potential partners
- Represent Palmer Home (or coordinate PH representation) at community functions and potential speaking engagements
- Coordinate opportunities for civic groups, church groups, potential community partners and organizations to visit the Wellness Center/Palmer Home Campus and to participate in volunteer opportunities
- Promote and coordinate opportunities for organizations or community groups to interact with our children through participation in events, community celebrations, holiday events, etc.
- Promote work group or other volunteer opportunities and connect interested churches, employers, and other groups with appropriate Palmer Home contact
- Communicate direct care needs of our children and staff to willing community and church partners to secure appropriate donations
- Solicit, coordinate, and distribute the donations of Christmas items for all children in care
- Receive and coordinate distribution of all incoming physical donations
- Oversee appropriate recognition of all physical donations received
- Assist engagement team in event planning and hosting
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of applicable experience in development, marketing, communications, or public relations support role
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Fundraising experience preferred
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, decision making, presentation/public speaking, and organizational skills
- Strong planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet deadlines
- Able to work collectively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and collaboratively; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- A strategist who can anticipate and support the needs of both internal and external audiences
- Experience in producing a variety of communications using print, electronic, social media as well as personal communications
- Prioritizes multiple expectations based on the organization(s) strategy and goals, providing focus and expectations for the team
- Must be in agreement with the Palmer Home for Children Statement of Christian Beliefs and demonstrate a strong commitment to Christ consistent with the mission of Palmer Home status as a non-profit religious organization
- Palmer Home offers a competitive total compensation package. Salary consideration is commensurate with experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of this position.
For consideration of employment, please send the following documents:
- Cover letter to include a statement of your religious affiliation