Community Development Coordinator
Palmer Home provides superior care for children while introducing the love of God through our service to each individual child. Palmer Home ensures restorative environments where children feel safe, connected and supported. Each child served by Palmer Home has a safe place to call home with trustworthy, supportive adults to guide them as they grow and develop into all that God created them to be. Palmer Home provides holistic care to each child based on their unique physical, emotional, spiritual and educational needs.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Community Development Coordinator will enhance community awareness and involvement and raise financial resources. The coordinator will identify and engage current and prospective individual, church, foundation, business and community partners through regular communication and the coordination of enrichment activities and special events. The coordinator will ensure that gifts, both financial, volunteer, and in-kind, are properly solicited, recognized, and stewarded.
Work remotely (from home) with focus on the Central and/or Southern Mississippi region with travel throughout the surrounding counties, and occasional travel to visit donors in surrounding states, as well as Columbus, MS and Hernando, MS where our offices reside. This is a benefits eligible (medical, dental, vision, 401k w/match, vacation/sick time, etc.) full-time salaried/exempt position with company vehicle. Salary is commensurate with experience.
• Campus Care- Our residential campus for children provides a Christ-centered family atmosphere where children feel safe, connected to trustworthy adults, and supported as they grow and develop in our care. Each child is placed with a caregiver couple in one of our six on-campus homes.
• Foster Care- Our foster care program allows children the opportunity to experience the support and connection of a family while in the care of Palmer Home. We provide private foster care through Palmer Home certified families.
• Family Care- Our Family Care ministry provides nurturing care for the infants of mothers in prison. Additionally, we provide support to mothers in prison and after release. With reunification as the ultimate goal, our certified foster families work to cultivate the bond between the mother and child in their care.
• Transitional Care- Our transitional program provides continued guidance and coaching for children between the ages of 18 – 24. Our goal is to prepare each child for independence through career and vocational development, as well as other life-skills to succeed as young adults.
- Develop relationships with key community influencers and/or media outlets to increase awareness
- Coordinate speaker presentations for churches, chamber programs, civic groups, schools, etc.
- Promote volunteer opportunities when representing the organization and refer interested parties to Children’s Services designees
- Assist Children’s Services with coordinating interest meetings and recruitment efforts
- Maintain regular communications with supporting and new churches
- Identify and secure annual fund level solicitations (>$5,000)
- Ensure proposals and follow up reports are submitted on a timely basis
- Follow annual stewardship plan
- Serve as the point of contact for any third-party fundraising effort within market
- Assist in the planning and execution of special events
- Manage external inquiries with donor appointments, follow up, research, database management, expense reports, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of applicable experience in development, marketing, sales, communications or public relations support role
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated fundraising experience
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, decision making, presentation/public speaking, and organizational skills
- Strong planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet deadlines
- Able to work collectively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and collaboratively; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- A strategist who can anticipate and support the needs of both internal and external audiences
- Experience in producing a variety of communications using print, electronic, social media as well as personal communications
- Prioritizes multiple expectations based on the organization(s) strategy and goals, providing focus and expectations for the team
- Must be in agreement with the Palmer Home for Children Statement of Christian Beliefs and demonstrate a strong commitment to Christ consistent with the mission of Palmer Home status as a non-profit religious organization
- Palmer Home offers a competitive total compensation package. Salary consideration is commensurate with experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of this position.
For consideration of employment, please send the following documents:
- Cover letter to include a statement of your religious affiliation