Case Manager – Campus Care
Palmer Home provides superior care for children while introducing the love of God through our service to each individual child. Palmer Home ensures restorative environments where children feel safe, connected and supported. Each child served by Palmer Home has a safe place to call home with trustworthy, supportive adults to guide them as they grow and develop into all that God created them to be. Palmer Home provides holistic care to each child based on their unique physical, emotional, spiritual and educational needs.
Reporting to the Director of Social Services, this position is responsible for case management work primarily consisting of administration and partnering with birth family members, caregivers, and sponsors and foster families to ensure excellent care of children served by Palmer Home. Case Manager is responsible for the assessment and preparation of children that will be in the direct care of our residential program, foster families, sponsors and foster families, as well as providing ongoing support to active families for the eastern region of Mississippi.
Location: Hernando, MS area
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with child and those engaged in the life of the child.
- Act as a liaison between Palmer Home and sponsor/foster families
- Make regular visits to the home of the caregiver families
- Provide ongoing communication with birth families of placed children, working towards reunification as the primary goal.
- Complete assessments of child referrals, providing information and support in determining placement of children in appropriate caregiver homes.
- Make monthly home visits to caregiver families and placed children to monitor quality and safety in caregiver homes
- Develop and effectively communicate the documented case plans, recommendations, visits, assessments, and contact with birth families, children, caregivers, service providers, and agencies.
- Create and manage files for placed children in accordance with licensure requirements
- Review and manage case strategies for each child to ensure that the objectives of each child’s individualized case plan are achieved, regularly communicating those results to the Director of Social Services.
- Contribute to the development of ongoing training and support for caregivers as well as regular interest meetings, support groups, and caregiver family events.
- Participate in ongoing employee training as required.
- Act as resource for family in connection with the schools and counselors.
- Act as resource to help with medical appointments, scheduling, and records as needed.
- Connect caregivers to appropriate community resources.
- Assist in scheduling and supervision of family visits.
- Evaluate and work with sponsor families to ensure that they maintain a safe and consistent environment for the children visiting their homes.
- Work fully within the philosophy, goals and operating procedures of Palmer Home for Children demonstrating exemplary Christian character.
- Bachelors or Masters of Social Work degree, and min of three years’ experience in case work capacity.
- Have an active Social Work license (LSW/LMSW/LCSW)
- Knowledgeable of and willingness to work alongside local social services, agencies and programs with which Palmer Home must frequently interact to provide additional services to our children.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must have exceptional skills in program administration, communications, counseling and human relations.
- Willing to travel as required or needed to successfully accomplish requirements of this position
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the personnel so classified.
For consideration of employment, please send the following documents:
- Cover letter to include a statement of your religious affiliation