Administrative Assistant to President & CEO
Palmer Home provides superior care for children while introducing the love of God through our service to each individual child. Palmer Home ensures restorative environments where children feel safe, connected and supported. Each child served by Palmer Home has a safe place to call home with trustworthy, supportive adults to guide them as they grow and develop into all that God created them to be. Palmer Home provides holistic care to each child based on their unique physical, emotional, spiritual and educational needs.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant, the Administrative Assistant will maintain clerical functions for the President and ensure efficient operation of the office.
Location: Columbus, Mississippi
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence
- File and retrieve documents, records, and reports
- Greet visitors and determine whether they need to be given access to President.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- Perform general office duties
- Compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings
- Attend meetings to record minutes
- Organize and prepare for meetings
- 2 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant or similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Professional appearance and polite demeanor
- Highly detail oriented with a focus on organization and efficiency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Apple and Windows products.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to successfully communicate with all levels of professionals
- Calendar management
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute successfully in a team environment when requested
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to shift and prioritize multiple tasks at once
- Present a positive disposition and willingness to “go the extra mile” to complete assigned tasks
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to Christ and to living a Christian lifestyle, consistent with the mission of Palmer Home.
For consideration of employment, please send the following documents:
- Cover letter to include a statement of your religious affiliation