Palmer Home provides superior care for children while introducing the love of God through our service to each individual child. Palmer Home ensures restorative environments where children feel safe, connected and supported. Each child served by Palmer Home has a safe place to call home with trustworthy, supportive adults to guide them as they grow and develop into all that God created them to be. Palmer Home provides holistic care to each child based on their unique physical, emotional, spiritual and educational needs.
Reporting to the Campus Care Director, the Administrative Assistant will maintain clerical functions as directed and ensure efficient operation of the office.
Location: Hernando, Mississippi
- Serve as Hernando, MS on-campus resource for staff and children
- Primary responsibility to answer all inbound calls and ensure courteous and timely response to questions.
- Ensure collection and distribution of all mail
- Greet visitors and assist with their needs
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- Organize and prepare for meetings
- Attend meetings to record minutes
- Perform general office duties as assigned
- Calendar management
- Coordinate volunteer schedules and winter needs
- Assist with event planning for campus-wide events
- Process monthly Petty Cash and Work Program reports
- Other Duties as assigned
- 2 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant or similar role
- Highly detail-oriented with a focus on organization and efficiency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Apple and Windows products. Willingness to learn unfamiliar computer applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute successfully in a fast-paced team environment
- Present a positive disposition and willingness to “go the extra mile” to complete assigned tasks
- Must be in agreement with the Palmer Home for Children Statement of Christian Beliefs and demonstrate a strong commitment to Christ consistent with the mission of Palmer Home status as a non-profit religious organization
- Palmer Home offers a full range of benefits
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of this position.
For consideration of employment, please send the following documents:
- Cover letter to include a statement of your religious affiliation